James Canada, Managing Partner / CEO
Jim has spent over 30 years in the corporate world developing a career that has spanned several major corporations including John Deere, American Airlines, Reuters, Stone Carlie, an architectural firm and several consulting firms. He has held the titles of Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Facilities for North and South America, Vice President of Client Services, Director of Reengineering & TQM, Director of Human Resources, Senior Manager of Consulting Services, Manager of IdeAAs In Action and Corporate Administrator for two cost reduction programs for all North American factories.
Jim has two publications to his credit; Reviewing the Effectiveness of your Suggestion System and Creative Thinking Seminar, both published by N.A.S.S. in Chicago, Illinois. He was co-editor of the popular Legal Guidelines for Suggestion Systems, which he has presented in a workshop series for numerous organizations.
A few of Jim’s honors include:
- Founders Award Recipient – for his work in the field of Employee Involvement (one of only 20 people in the United States to receive this honor)
- President of the National Association of Suggestion Systems
- Founder and first President of the Midwest Chapter of N.A.S.S. located in Moline, Illinois. Co-founder of the Central States Chapter of N.A.S.S. located in Tulsa
- Received Certification and elected to the Board of Examiners for the Oklahoma Quality Award Foundation
- Appointed to the Governor’s Quality Council for the State of Oklahoma by Governor David Walters
- Appointed to the Board of Examiners for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Chairman for Section 1409 of the American Society for Quality Control in Tulsa
- Appointed an Examiner for the Excellence in Missouri Foundation and also served as a Judge for the Team Quality Award
- Co-Founder of the PeopleSoft Regional User Group in St. Louis
- Co-Founder of ExecLink “Executives helping Executives” in St Louis
- Co-founder and President of Business Development Team in St Louis
Jim has developed and presented workshops, speeches and panel discussions to professional and civic groups as well as companies covering thirteen states within the U.S., Canada, Australia, Europe and Saudi Arabia. He has belonged to, or participated in, twenty-three civic and professional organizations at either a local, state or national level.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University. He is also is recognized as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute, Certified Manager of Suggestions Systems (CMSS) by N.A.S.S., as well as an Able Toastmaster Gold (ATM) from Toastmasters International.
Jared Peno, Partner / COO
Jared has a strong background in Information Technology, Business Analysis, and Team Leadership along with experience with a broad range of technologies both new and old. He has led corporate team projects through numerous cost saving opportunities. He is driven, focused, and passionate about his work and his clients. Jared has proven to complete projects on-time, within budget, and either meet or exceeded expectations, with no limit to imagination or self-resource. Jared has excellent Communication and Intrapersonal skills which allow him to create long-lasting relationships with clients.
Jared received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. From there he started two side companies (Networking 411, LLC and Saint Louis Backup, LLC) so that he may grow his business knowledge and continue to work in the consulting field. In addition to his consulting he has also worked for Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Master Foods USA, and Cooper B-Line. He has hands-on experience with Corporate IT infrastructure and support methodology, along with Small Business IT networks and customer centric solutions.
Steven Brown, Senior Partner / CTO
Steve manages Alliances’ Network, Cloud Computing and Managed Services for all Alliance clients. He also oversees all technology-related operations for the firm. Mr. Brown’s background includes some 26 years experience in the technology industry. This includes 13 years as a network engineer at Bridge Information Services and stints at SSE and Partec. He also served as Director of Network Services for a St. Louis-based IT firm. He has extensive experience in nearly all facets of Information Technology and the growing area of cloud computing and managed services. Our clients appreciate his wealth of knowledge and ability to proactively provide solutions no matter how complex or standard the design of the computer network. Steve plays a major role in continuing to expand Alliance Technologies LLC on a local, national, and international basis.