- Posted by Jared Peno
Common cloud misconceptions sometimes prevent businesses from taking full advantage of the cloud and its benefits. A recent survey of over 300 IT managers completed by West IP Communications showed there is a perceived division on the inherent benefits and risks associated with the cloud.
The survey found that:
- Almost half of IT managers surveyed do not feel a cloud-based infrastructure would have a good return on investment (ROI).
- IT managers are concerned that the possibility of a security breach outweighs the benefits of moving to the cloud.
- The majority of those surveyed believe that service providers do not provide strong enough security with their cloud offerings.
Alliance Technologies can help IT managers answer questions about moving to the cloud, clear up misconceptions, and help determine if the cloud is a good fit for their organization. The following are three common cloud misconceptions.
- Moving to the cloud means completely replacing your existing infrastructure. In fact, hybrid cloud solutions can provide a customized solution, balancing private and public technologies, allowing organizations to move services to the cloud at their own pace, based on their own needs.
- Once on the cloud, you no longer have control over your critical data. Partnering with the right cloud provider can improve the security of your sensitive data, give you more control over access, better auditing, and often meets important security standards – such as HIPPA, PCI DSS, SOX, and GLBA – that may be very costly to implement internally.
- All cloud providers are equal. Cloud service providers, even while offering similar services, have different strengths and weaknesses. Alliance Technologies works with organizations to understand their business requirements in order to find the right cloud provider.
Alliance Technologies is ready to answer organization’s questions about cloud technologies, ensuring they secure the cloud infrastructure best suited to their individual needs.
Jared is an Electrical Engineer with over 10 years of IT experience. He is an expert IT strategist with a mind for innovation and process improvement.
About Alliance Technologies
Alliance Technologies is a St. Louis area technology services, staff augmentation, and consulting services firm. Contact us to learn more about how Alliance can help your business succeed.