- Posted by Alliance Technologies
- On November 17, 2017
Today, we live in a world where we usually take Wi-Fi for granted and expect it to be available wherever we go. In our business environments, especially, we count on having Wi-Fi that is easily accessible, reliable and fast. Most of us grow instantly frustrated with slow or inconsistent Wi-Fi that adds stress to an already demanding workday and delays our deadlines and productivity. But not until the connection is problematic, do we ever stop to ponder its complexities—and then it’s a little late.
Fortunately, there are ways to mitigate, and possibly prevent, a Wi-Fi crisis in your work environment. Here are a few suggestions:
- Many owners of small businesses or start-ups are unaware of the quality difference between business-grade equipment and home-use routers. Hardware from our homes will fall short in an industrial setting that usually spans a much larger floor plan.
- Depending on the size of the office space, you may need to establish more than one access point and additional routers.
- For larger offices with multiple access points, make it easy for your users by creating a consistent login. Assign the same ID, security, and password for each access point. You may want to apply this same procedure if your company has multiple locations.
- For our clients with large facilities, we always recommend creating a wireless infrastructure to deliver the most reliable and convenient Wi-Fi. The infrastructure usually includes both hardware, firewalls and web filtering software—a customized layer of antivirus to keep your network secure and prevent downloading of risky files.
If your business is experiencing intermittent or slow Wi-Fi, our Alliance Technologies technicians will be happy to assess your environment and collaborate with you to create a powerful and dependable wireless infrastructure for your company. Stop taking Wi-Fi for granted—your users will thank you!