- Posted by Jared Peno
If you are a business owner planning for success, at some point you will want to consider outsourcing your IT or getting some technology support. How do you choose a quality company that can nurture your business all the way through the challenging growth stages and into a mature, established company?
You want an IT provider that is fully competent and has your best interests at heart, but how do you go about selecting the ideal company? Unfortunately, it is rare to find an IT provider that is committed enough to be a true partner and treat your company as their own. However, there are some questions that will help you in your selection process. When interviewing an IT company, take the time to ask the following questions and consider the answers carefully:
- Who is the Account Manager or Tech that will have an ongoing relationship with my company?
- Since you are a big company with many clients, does that mean I will get to enjoy the benefits of a large staff, or will I be herded through a call tree and a lengthy process for each call?
- How do you track and maintain my IT records? And how do you transfer that knowledge to me in the event that we decide to part ways?
- Who will handle my critical projects, and in-depth troubleshooting needs? Will it be your most experienced and educated staff or a new tech school graduate or equivalent?
- If your service is not as advertised or you don’t meet my expectations, can I cancel our agreement at any time?
If your IT provider is fully competent and has your best interests at heart, there will be no problem providing a reasonable answer to each of the above questions. As with any vendor you choose, there are certain intangible factors that play into your decision such as company reputation, personality and values, and maybe even community involvement.
At Alliance Technologies, LLC, being a partner means we understand our client’s business and goals. We don’t shy away from making suggestions on, i.e. technology needs for their growing demands or transitioning their mobile sales staff to the cloud. We are not beholden to any vendor or product. Our philosophy is to find the best solution no matter where it takes us. We also like to give our clients the knowledge and tools to be more independent.
We like solving problems, but we are happiest when there are no problems to solve.
Jared is an Electrical Engineer with over 10 years of IT experience. He is an expert IT strategist with a mind for innovation and process improvement.
About Alliance Technologies
Alliance Technologies is a St. Louis area technology services, staff augmentation, and consulting services firm. Contact us to learn more about how Alliance can help your business succeed.